Monday, May 30, 2011

Welcome One and All

Hello, my friends, and welcome to Phacton.  What is Phacton, you ask?  It's my little blog project - my daily attempt to learn a bit of science and share it with my friends, loved ones, and (hopefully) strangers.  


As a disclaimer, I am not a scientist.  Sometimes I pretend to be, but that's just to pick up guys at the bar.  (What?!  I live in Seattle.  It's nerds ahoy here.)  Lack of science degree aside, I am just another gal interested in nerdy scientific stuff.  Brought up on a diet of Star Trek, Bill Nye the Science Guy, and Mythbusters, it's only natural that my nerdy inclinations would eventually need an outlet.  


The name of the blog is a mash-up of "photon" and "fact."  (Because, as any good trademark attorney will tell you, the best kinds of trademarks are those devised from made up words.)  I also like the idea of a one-word title.  It'll look better on t-shirts.  You know, if/when I become wildly successful and have Simon and Schuster calling me screaming, "OMG, you are the hottest thing since gamma ray bursts!  We want to publish you NOW!"


But, I digress.  And daydream.  Ooh, look!  A butterfly!  <Puts down laptop, chases silently after newly found lepidopteran friend.>

No comments:

Post a Comment